Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 2 Wrap Up: Now We’re talking – June 14th, 2014

This week has been an amazing week in the shop.  We had a lot of foot traffic all week; which I like because that gives me the chance to meet a lot of new people and keeps me busy.  Friday rolls around and I am out talking with one of the customers in the morning.  He seems interested in the kayaks so I do my best to help him out. (Side note:  Kayaks have been the hardest thing for me to help customers with the last couple weeks.  They are probably the thing that I knew the least about in the shop.  So I spent a large portion of my down time researching and learning about kayaks.)  He said that he was looking at getting kayaks for both him and his wife.  When I asked what he was looking for the kayaks to do, he let me know that he was looking for one that he could use for fishing.  I showed him a couple models that we had that I thought would do the job for him.  I then told him which one I would think would be better and the one I would get if I was in his shoes.  He ended up deciding that he was going to get the higher end model for himself and get his soon to be fiancé the other one, but he was going to have to convince his fiancé and get here to agree.  He said he would come back later.  I then went and made a deal with Blake that if I was able to sell 2 boats that day then he would pay me the equivalent of a full day of work, if I was able to sell them then he would get a day off that I would just work the shop.  Win-win for him.  They came back later that day and I convinced them to get both of the higher end ones, because that’s what they both really wanted.  These kayaks have been in the shop since Beyond Boundaries opened.  The owners have yet to even be able to sell one of them.  I just 2 upped them, and earned a good reward in the process.  Bragging rights are mine for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment