Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Relationships – July 8th, 2014

I have been told multiple times before that “It is all about relationships.”  This especially comes into play in a store that puts an effort into really getting to know their customers.  As Beyond Boundaries looks at seeing their business as a mission, they see that many opportunities come from the relationships they have with the people that come into the store.
I am going to tell you of one of the interactions I was able to have with a customer.  One day I was running the shop alone and had an older lady come in to simply just look at getting some insoles for her shoes.  So I helped her as best as I could getting the right size and telling her what the product is supposed to do.  Well she came inside to buy the insoles and saw a globe that we have up for decoration and asked if she could buy it.  I informed her that we just had it up for decoration and that we were not selling it, but I did ask what she wanted it for.  She told me that her granddaughter had recently been doing some traveling abroad and she was looking to get a globe to keep track of where she has been.  We ended up talking about her and her granddaughter and how they had taken trips down to Honduras to do some mission work.  I then was able to share with her the experiences I had in Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, and Peru.  This was a very great conversation.  I ended up asking her to give my information to her granddaughter, who is a Junior at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.  Maybe 3 hours later I get a friend request on Facebook from someone that I don’t know.  I asked who she is and she informs me that I did not know her, but that her grandmother had insisted that she contacted me.  So this led to a great conversation between me and the granddaughter; talking about the things we had done, what we had learned, and what our future plans are.  And remember all of this stemmed from a lady inquiring about a globe.
IMG_2035

No comments:

Post a Comment